Monday, May 9, 2011

It's Settled, Once and for All!

There is a bit of a discrepancy with a few (perhaps just one?) of my siblings.  You see, my grand entrance into this world happened to fall on my mom's birthday, so we share birthdays.  In my childhood I was often told by a certain sibling that I was the worst present my mom ever got, causing me, in my insecure adolescence, to run to mom and see if she would confirm or deny this statement.  She would always laugh and say that of course I was her BEST present ever.

I just got a thank you card in the mail from my mom for a birthday gift I sent her, in which she put in writing, and I quote:  "Thank you for the ________....but my best birthday gift ever was you!"  Yes, she put the exclamation point in, too.

So there you have it,  in writing now, forever!

4 comments:

Emily A. said...

She was just tired of your whining. We all know that I am her favorite because she named me after her.

Becky and Todd said...

Ouch!

Emily A. said...

Just kidding! I knew you were her favorite when you didn't get in trouble for writing my name all over the walls in Greeley.

Emily A. said...

I was just kidding, Bec! I've known she had a soft spot for you ever since you wrote my name all over the walls in Greeley and didn't get in trouble for it.