Friday, May 6, 2011

Inspiring 5K

The KC Missouri Temple is under construction, nearing completion, and is beautiful so far.  We're so excited to be 30 minutes away.   It is inspiring to drive down I-435, as much as we run to and from the airport, and see the temple jotting out of the landscape, beckoning to us. 

Last weekend was the first Temple 5K.  To make it affordable for LDS families it was FREE.  They had to close registration due to the overwhelming response at 1600 participants, but no worries, the Hendricksons were already registered.  No, I was not the first one to register.  Maybe the 30th or something....


Todd and I both ran.  Nathan opted to sleep in (imagine that, the life of a 17 year old). It was fun to absorb the atmosphere,  be near the temple and see it in the distance as we ran.  Lots of families, missionaries in yellow vests volunteering, and of course, lots of food.

Added bonus....I got to stand on the awards "stage." (Funny thing, the other woman on the stand with me, her first name was Rebecca as well).

What a great way to start the weekend.

No comments: