Monday, November 2, 2009

A Builder, My Mom

I just had four days of undivided attention from my mom. Am I lucky or what?! She visited us here for the first time and we enjoyed talking, sight-seeing church history sites, driving through old historic neighborhoods, Union Station, and much more. We even had a chance to have lunch with her first cousin, Dave (below) who lives in the area and whom she hadn't seen in years.


I sure appreciate her and all she's done throughout her life as a daughter of God, wife and mother. Pres. Hinckley said it best, "You [mothers] are the real builders of the nation wherever you live, for you have created homes of strength and peace and security. These become the very sinew of any nation.”

With 9 children, 53 grandchildren, and ten and 3/4 great-grandchildren and growing (hope I counted that right), I'm sure she didn't realize the "nation" she was creating as she went to bed tired every night after long days of raising 9 kids.

Love you Mom!

2 comments:

Frozen Chosen said...

What an Amazing Woman! And she raised one amazing daughter! Miss ya!

Kathleen said...

Lucky you!!! I want my 4 days of undivided attention from mom!