Monday, January 10, 2011

cRaZy

Challenge:  2011 Sew More

My sister shared her challenge to sew a project once a month , and since I had set a goal top sew more in 2011, I was delighted to hop on board.

Month #1:  Hot pads.  I started out making three from valentine scraps of fabric I had from last year's Valentine sewing project (table runners), then I caught the bug.  I ran and bought more fabric to make just a few for my visiting teaching sisters.  Then I thought about my daughters-in-law, and my friend, and then another friend....
 Snow day today....sew, sew, sew.  Fifteen hot pads!

It's a snow day again tomorrow.  Sigh.

4 comments:

Frozen Chosen said...

How cute are those! You're amazing! Wish I could catch a "sew" bug but instead we have the "flu" bug at our house. ARGGG! ;) We heard from your Elder this week. He always writes us in Spanish. We love it!

Christine said...

I love those!!!! What do you use for the inside? John "loves" it when I make stuff out of scraps and then have to go BUY more SCRAPS. Haha. You need to post a tutorial for those hotpads. I'm getting tired of making the scrappy ones I make all the time.

Becky and Todd said...

Christine--the link for the hotpads is: http://martysfibermusings.blogspot.com/2010/12/red-stripe-ticking-hot-pad-tutorial.html

and I actually bought the insulated padding at Hobby Lobby (cheaper than JoAnn's) but I read on line that a lot of people cut up old sweatshirts. I tried putting the insulate padding PLUS more as mentioned on the tutorial, but it was too bulky.

So, perhaps you can make your hubby happy by using up the SCRAPS and have an abundance of hot pads instead!

Christine said...

Thanks for the link! I use old towels and jeans in mine. I've never used the insulated stuff. I'll have to try it.