Friday, January 8, 2010

No school is getting OLD School

Tuesday, Jan 5th was the first day back to school after Christmas break. Our school district, Lee's Summit R7, was the ONLY district that didn't cancel Tuesday....I was so proud of them! My joy was short lived. They canceled the rest of the week because of "inclement weather." Yes, it's cold here (one degree as a high today) and yes, we have snow (more than some years in ND), but good heavens! Life does go on in cold, snowy climates.

4 comments:

Christine said...

I know what you mean! The first time they closed school in Idaho it was because it was 10 below - standard procedure. I couldn't believe it. Here in Kansas they don't let the kids outside to play if it's 22 degrees above or less. It is crazy! Buy a decent coat and live life!!! Thank goodness for our Fargo lessons.

Frozen Chosen said...

Ditto and Amen!

Margaret said...

Ha...I have to laugh because for once, we were on the warm side of the weather. We were in the 20's all week with just a dusting of snow. No school cancellations here (not that it matters to me anymore!)

Emily A. said...

Ha! They actually cancelled school here once because it was too windy! A couple of years ago they cancelled school for a whole week because there was snow in the parking lots! School is never cancelled at our house, though!